Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Creative Juices Taste the Sweetest

Well, I just got back from taking my 11yr-old to her mixed martial arts class, and found myself chomping at the bit to post something new. It's a great feeling, actually. I haven't wanted to sit down at the computer for some time now, as I would inevitably end up with a deep sense of guilt or regret for not posting as often as I thought that I should.

Truth is, I was burned out. I needed a refreshing. As many of you know, I've kept a writer's blog for a few years now. I love it. However, it holds great conviction for me. It, at times, becomes a slave-driver to my soul. I'm reminded how short I fall with regard to my writing goals and daily word counts and such. I needed a reprieve... a sweet-spot of self-forgiveness. I needed a stress-free blogging experience.

Now, if you're not a writer with a writer's blog, you most likely will not "get" it, and think I'm crazy. But, if you are one, you know exactly what I mean. Especially with the year I've had. (If you are new to my blogs, you can get the scoop at http://cjraymer.blogspot.com) I fell away from my tactile creativeness and was only creating words. I needed to create "home," once again. I needed to return to me.

This is when I decided, with much inner-debate, that I needed a blog where I could pour out my creative juices in other ways than just dialogue. That's when "The Cottage Dweller" was born. And, I want to thank you for coming along with me.

I'm so excited to share what I do with my hands as well as my mind. Embroidery, painting, drawing, cooking, baking, decorating, crafting... all the things that I love to do that bring me such joy. All the things that I allowed the business of life to pull me away from for quite a while.

Who knows? I may actually finish that tablecloth that I have been working on for eight years... or, maybe not.

Live the beautiful life!

XOXO CJ




I did manage to finish Boo-Bear's pillow cases. She was so happy.


2 comments:

  1. Hi CJ!!!!
    Fabulous post! So glad you see you back in the blogging world and seeing you creativly inspired! Your new blog is lovely and I look forward to visiting you often. :) XO,Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, Thanks so very much! You helped to stoke the flames, sweet friend. XOXO CJ

    ReplyDelete