Monday, November 16, 2009

A Place to Be Yourself


I don't know about you, but the last place where I want to feel stiff and uncomfortable is in my own home. I need a kick your shoes off kinda place, to be able to shrug off the funk from the day and just breathe. Simplicity over grandeur. Comfort over stateliness.

We all have stresses of one type or another. Or maybe several, in fact. Our home should be a blessed respite from those places that pull and tug at our time and energies. A haven, if you will, from the taxing world outside of its doors.

We just recently relocated to a new home. Another cottage, of course. I'm in the process of finding a place for everything. But, I have to tell you that my bedroom was the first to be completed. It's a place for hubby and I to withdraw and unwind from our demanding daily routines.


I love the master bedroom. I have to say that it's my favorite of all our homes. Light and airy, it's simply a breathe of fresh air the moment I walk up the stairs. A true retreat. (And, when the breeze blows through the feather light curtains, it's like heaven.)









And what girl doesn't love a fancy (albeit, incredibly comfortable) large chair?







I also believe that the bedroom should have items of remembrance. Things that make your heart sing. Those things shouldn't be relegated to the living room and kitchen only!


I'm a native Floridian, and visit home once a year. We always make a point to visit the ocean, where our girls and I take lots of time to pick the perfect sea shells to bring back with us. Every now and then, I pick one up and smell the salt that has permeated the shell. Simply delightful. I've put them into this lovely porcelain bowl my mother bought me for my birthday, this year. Thanks, Mom! XOXO




My sweet friend, Maria, gave me this beautiful necklace holder. (It's a little hard to see it, as it is tone on tone with the walls.) I love it! It's so swirly and girlie.





You know, It means something when pulling up to your dwelling invokes an involuntary smile. It means, your home.


Live the beautiful life!

XOXO CJ

2 comments:

  1. oh, oh, a new blog to follow!!! whoo-hoo!! I look forward to visiting you and your precious cottage. I cannot wait to visit it in real life someday! until then, we'll drink our coffee from one computer to another!
    Happy Monday,
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Janelle! Thank you so very much! I hope you can come and visit soon! (Speak with Sharon. I know she wants to come over soon!) XOXO

    ReplyDelete